8 Powerful Robot Vacuums for Hardwood Floors in 2021 – Will do your cleaning job with ease!
Having a hard wood floor can make your home look generously beautiful, but it can also have its own negative impacts. Some of these negative impacts are like cleaning, mopping, removing stains, and pet hair. Hard wood floors are made up of living components. Thus, during wet seasons, the floors can get wet, damp and even moisten up a bit.
This can cause some difficulties in getting cleaned by a normal vacuum cleaner, as their brushes are not compatible enough for it. Therefore, we have brought to you a range of amazingly powerful and suitable for all tasks- some of the best robot hardwood floor cleaner that come equipped with brushes, that can move in all directions, cleaning up the stains, debris and dust from your floor.
A robot vacuum cleaner has somewhat become a trend in the market place. Most working individuals and some house workers has started investing money in buying a floor cleaner robot. The reason behind these statistics is that, people have started having a busy schedule. Maintaining and cleaning a home by themselves is not always possible.
Thus, having a robot that will power up itself, self-charge, clean the place on detection of some dust, pick up pet hair, is a gift to the office workers. In our list we have tested and verified some of the best rated robot hardwood floor sweeper that are surely going to impress you with their unique features, pros and cons.
Top 8 Robot Hardwood Floor Cleaner Reviews
Worried about cleaning the messy floor? Here comes the solution – robotic vacuum cleaner for your hardwood floor which can sweep and do mopping function as well and you don’t have to worry anymore of the hectic sweeping and mopping work to clean your hardwood floor. These robotic vacuum cleaner for hardwood floor are suitable for cleaning any types of floor such as ceramic tiles, cement, wooden floor and undercoat carpet and can clean all the debris, cigarette butts, ash, seeds shell etc.
The robot vacuum cleaner is incorporated with various sensors to avoid obstacles and navigation systems for precise real time mapping of areas. The robot vacuum cleaner does all the cleaning and mopping activities and relieves you from the burden of cleaning the floor daily. Just schedule the robot vacuum and it does the job for you.
If you are searching the best hardwood floor robot vacuum review, this is the right article for you. In this article, we have reviewed the best hardwood robot vacuum to make the selection of best robot vacuum cleaner easier for you.
- Intelligent drop avoidance induction IR sensors
- Large water tank
- 4 different cleaning mode
- Dual filter dust box
- Automatic self recharge
- Can work as sweeper as well as mop
- Suitable for cleaning ceramic tile, cement, wooden floor and undercoat carpet
- Inefficient in cleaning deep dirts
- Advanced SLAM calculation
- 5 different working modes
- Longer runtime
- Automatic self recharge
- High performance HEPA filters
- Suitable for cleaning all types of floors
- Not suitable for cleaning thick carpets
- Can perform mopping, sweeping as well as sterilising of floor
- High performance HEPA filter
- 4 different cleaning modes
- 10 sensors
- Washable dustbin
- Wide range cliff sensors
- Long runtime
- Automatic self recharge
- Problem with docking after few usage
- Alexa Voice & Smart Phone App Controls
- Anti-fall and anti-collision detection
- Longer runtime
- 3 specialized cleaning modes
- Wet/dry mopping feture
- 5 tier cleaning system
- High performance filters
- Gets stuck constantly
- Will not work on dark carpets as it detects darker area as cliffs
- Can mop and vacuum both at the same time
- Has features for live tracking through app
- Can be controlled by Alexa
- Amazing navigation across room to avoid obstacle
- The cliff sensors are faulty
- The user interface for the application is not friendly
- It can clean pet hair efficiently
- Not very expensive
- Very ideal for cleaning in hardwood floors
- Can clog while cleaning other floor types
- Does not have noiseless performance
- It can be very easily set up and installed
- Can clean almost all kinds of floors along with hard wood floors
- Has auto detection for obstacles along with tampered glass tops
- Has a very large dust box that does not require you to empty it frequently
- Does not have smartphone app compatibility
- Cannot connect to Alexa
- Has no mapping function
- The robot vacuum cleaner is compatible with both Alexa and Google Assistant
- Can be connected to the ECOVACs Smart App to get basic information
- Has feature that increases the suction power to 2x in order to clean sticky mess
- Lots of additional features included
- Not suitable for all kinds of power adapter
- According to some customer reviews, the vacuum stops working after a few months
How to Empty and Clean Robot Floor Cleaner?
The steps towards emptying a clean robot floor cleaner are fairly simple. Just follow the guide given below, and you will be just fine.
Step 1 – In every Hardwood Floor Robot for Sale, there will be a bin release tab, either on the side of the robot, or on the top of it. Press on the tab gently, and pull it towards yourself to release the dustbin.
Step 2 – The next step is very simple, just open the door of the bin on top of your trash can to remove the contents.
Step 3 – In order to make sure that your Robot Hardwood Floor Sweeper is completely clean, pull the filter out of the bin.
Step 4 – Now gently tap on the filter on top of the trash can to get rid of the extra dust and dirt that might be stuck on it.
Step 5 – Put the filter back in its position.
Step 6 – Close the lid of the bin tightly. Make sure that it is properly closed and latched.
Step 7 – Reinstall the bin into the robot.
In this mere 7 steps, you can easily clean your robot floor cleaner’s dust bin, and make sure that your robot is in a good condition. It is advisable to keep emptying your robot after every usage, in order to achieve its maximum performance.
How Often Should I let the Robot Vacuum Run on Hardwood Floors?
The answer to this question totally depends upon the size of your home. Hence, we are going to answer it in two ways.
For a Small Home – In case you have a small cozy home, then using your Hardwood Floor Robot Vacuum once in two or three days is enough to keep the whole house clean. The reason behind this is that, as the house is small, the robot can easily cover the entire house at one go, leaving it spotlessly clean.
For a Large House – People living in a large house, often tend to buy more than one Robot Hardwood Floor Sweeper. This is not a wise choice if you are short on budget. Our advice will be to use the robot every day by placing it in different corners of your home, so that each room gets a good sweep every now and then. Keeping the whole house clean.
Why Should I Buy a Robot Vacuum for Hardwood Floor?
In order to know the various reasons towards getting yourself a robot vacuum for hardwood floor, we are going to share the plethora of benefits that it comes with.
- Most robot vacuum cleaners are equipped with smart technology. This technology reduces the workload of a human being to a large extent. The robot has smart docking features, that makes it return back to dock on detection of low battery level, recharge and go back to working- all by itself.
- All robot vacuum cleaners come with several different types of brushes that are capable of cleaning all floor types. In our case, the products that we have listed have brushes that can easily clean hardwood floor in a swift.
- Robot vacuums can be programmed and some even have mapping functions which does not require any manual effort from you as they can detect walls and barriers, and start cleaning the room all by itself.
- In our list, some robot vacuum have been equipped with both the feature of mopping and vacuuming. Its equivalent to killing two birds with one stone.
- Most floor cleaner robots come equipped with smart dirt detection sensors that makes them aware of areas that have high traffic in dirt. This technique enforces them to equip themselves and clean the area with more suction power.
From the above listed several benefits of acquiring a hardwood floor robot vacuum, I am sure that you must have understood why you should get yourself a robot cleaner immediately. In case you still have any doubts, read on to more about a robotic vacuum cleaner.
Things to consider while buying Best Robot Vacuum for Hardwood Floor
You might be confused of how to select best robot vacuum for hardwood floor. Inorder to make the right choice of best robot vacuum for hard floor, you should know about the basic requirements which are to be met for a good robot vacuum. Here is the list of things you have to consider.
A robot vacuum with low profile design which is slim and compact is best suited to clean the narrow spaces beneath the furnitures and bed spaces. So size and shape of the robot vacuum for hardwood floors is a major feature to be considered to ensure all the areas including narrow spaces of your room are cleaned perfectly. Robot vacuums for hardwood floors comes in square and circular or D shaped design. The square sized robots can reach to the edges and corners of the room whereas the round shaped robot vacuums leaves the square shaped edges of your room.
Compact Design – The design of a robotic vacuum cleaner is also very important as the design itself will tell you the performance level of the robot. Having a small body with less height will enable the robot to move and slide inside furniture to clean the under beds easily. Also, getting stuck to an obstacle, or bumps will also reduce if your robot has a good design, with anti-scratch body and tampered glass top.
Inorder to pick all the dirt, debris and pet hairs the robot vacuum should have a strong suction power. The stronger suction ensures even the deeply trapped dust particles are sucked efficiently leaving no place for dirts in your home.
Advanced robotic vacuum cleaners uses laser sensors and cameras for avoiding the obstacles while navigating in a predictable pattern, whereas other cheap robot vacuums use only infrared sensors while navigating which are not much efficient as the former. So it is better to select a robot vacuum with smart navigation system.
The runtime of the vacuum cleaner depends on the battery power. Cheaper Robot vacuums offer runtime of around 90 minutes which is suitable enough to clean small to medium sized rooms. If your rooms are larger then you have to invest more to get a robot vacuum with longer runtime of around 120 minutes.
Brushes of regular vacuum are not suitable for hardwood floors as the hard brushes may damage the hardwood surfaces. Usually robotic vacuum for hardwood floors has 2 to 3 brushes with main roller brush and side brushes to pick up all the dirt and debris on the floor.
Some of the robot vacuum comes with auto recharge, i.e. when the battery power runs low the robot vacuum docks itself to the charging station for recharging and resumes cleaning once it is charged.
Efficiency – Having a hardwood floor robot cleaner can greatly reduce the time that you spend cleaning your home. Most robot vacuum cleaners have smart technology which enables you to schedule them on time. You can make them clean your home while you are away. Thus, make sure that you get yourself a floor cleaner robot which has smart technology, is efficient and has scheduling features.
Ease of Usage – Having a robotic vacuum cleaners have truly made our life easier. You can do all kinds of things in and around your house, while your robot is cleaning up the mess for you. Make sure that you buy a robotic vacuum cleaner that has LCD display, timers, scheduling, pre-programmed schedules, app control, Alexa control, and Google voice assistant. All these features help you in controlling the robot as per your requirements easily.
Run Time – Make sure that your robot vacuum cleaner can run at least for 100 minutes continuously without stopping in between to recharge. Also, having a robot vacuum cleaner that can self-recharge itself, and also self-dock – which means return to base when on low battery, can reduce your workload to a large extent.
Intelligent Technology – Make sure that your robot vacuum cleaner comes with all kinds of technology such as voice control, cliff sensors, barriers sensors and dirt detection sensors, that will help increase the efficiency of its performance.
Dust Cup – The last but very important. Having a robot that comes with a large dust cup can reduce the need towards emptying the dust bin frequently, almost in between every cleaning regime.