Finding the Perfect Bissell Vacuum for Your Home
If you’re in the market for a new vacuum cleaner, you can’t go wrong with a Bissell. As one of the most popular vacuum brands available, Bissell offers high-performing vacuums packed with features to meet any household’s cleaning needs.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover:
- The top 4 Bissell vacuumsto consider and why they’re so great
- What to look for when choosing the ideal Bissell vacuum
- Answers to the most frequently asked questionsabout Bissell vacuums
Let’s dive in so you can find your perfect Bissell vacuum!
The Best Bissell Vacuums for Every Home
Bissell’s lineup includes something for everyone, from basic affordable models to high-tech vacuums with all the bells and whistles. I’ve narrowed it down to the 4 very best Bissell vacuums to consider.
Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro Wet Dry Vacuum – The Ultimate for Pet Households
Pet owners, this one’s for you! The Crosswave Pet Pro is an all-in-one wet dry vacuum that allows you to vacuum and wash hard floors at the same time. It’s specially designed for homes with pets to handle all that mess!
Some stand-out features include:
- Pet hair strainerto prevent clogs from pet hair accumulation
- Tangle-free brush rollthat won’t get snarled by long hair and strings
- Built-in pet odor eliminatorto freshen as you clean
- Two tank systemto keep clean and dirty water separate
In terms of performance, this vacuum excels at picking up pet hair and is convenient to switch between wet and dry modes. The large tank capacities allow you to clean more before having to empty. Plus, the long 25 foot power cord prevents constant outlet swapping.
The only downsides are that it’s on the heavy side and lacks onboard storage for cleaning solution. But if you have pets, the Crosswave Pet Pro is absolutely worth the investment. Expect to pay around $300, but you can’t put a price on peace of mind when it comes to keeping floors hair and mess-free!
Bissell Air Ram Cordless Vacuum – Light and Nimble
If you want the freedom and convenience of cordless cleaning, the Air Ram can’t be beaten. Weighing in at only 4 pounds, it’s incredibly lightweight and easy to maneuver compared to bulkier upright vacuums.
It offers up to 40 minutes of fade-free, lithium-ion powered cleaning time per charge. The removable battery pack makes charging a breeze. Swivel steering and a low profile design allow you to cleanly zip under furniture and into tight spaces.
The dirt bin is small and the battery life could be longer, but those are expected tradeoffs for cordless operation. And you can always keep it on its charging base for quick cleanups as needed. For light, everyday messes, the Air Ram perfectly fits the bill. Expect to spend around $150 for this handy little vacuum.
Bissell Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum – Great Bang for Your Buck
If you want time-tested performance on carpets without breaking the bank, the Zing Bagged Canister vacuum can’t be beaten. For less than $100, you get powerful suction from the 4 amp motor along with conveniences like automatic cord rewind and a full bag indicator light.
Despite the low price, this lightweight vacuum comes loaded with useful attachments like a dusting brush, crevice tool, and upholstery nozzle. The dirt cup design uses disposable bags to contain dust and debris. While changing bags can be a bit messy, the bags help maintain strong suction.
Downsides are minimal for the price – it lacks HEPA filtration and storage for the attachments. But if you want an affordable, no-frills bagged vacuum that excels at carpet cleaning, the Zing is a terrific option.
Bissell SpotClean Pro Portable Carpet Cleaner – Compact Spot Removing Power
The SpotClean Pro is designed for extremely effective, convenient spot cleaning wherever stains strike. The compact size, 5 foot hose, and long power cord make it easy to transport and maneuver into any area or hard to reach spot.
It comes equipped with two different stain removal tools so you can tackle spots and spills on carpets, upholstery, car interiors, and more. The built-in scrubbing brushes loosen and lift stains while hot air dries the area quickly.
Downsides are mainly just the small water tank capacity and cheap-feeling tool nozzles. However, unless you’re cleaning large spaces, the portable SpotClean Pro delivers professional-grade spot removal without renting a bulky carpet cleaning machine. At around $150, it’s a great addition for quick spot touch-ups whenever stains occur.
Choosing the Perfect Bissell Vacuum for Your Home
With so many great Bissell vacuums available, how do you determine which one fits your household’s needs? It really comes down to considering these key factors:
Figure Out Your Vacuuming Needs
To select the right Bissell model, begin by thinking about:
- What types of flooringdo you need to vacuum? Is it mostly carpeting, hard floors, area rugs, or a mix? Certain vacuums are tailored to specific surfaces.
- How large is your home? Larger homes may benefit from vacuums with greater power and dirt cup capacity to avoid frequent dumping. More compact homes can get by with smaller vacuums that take up less storage space.
- Do you have petsthat shed? Pet hair requires specialized brushes and filters to avoid clogs and jams. Suction power is also important.
- Are allergiesa concern? Homes with allergies should look for vacuums with true HEPA filtration to remove microscopic particles and allergens.
- How important is portability? For small cleanups, a portable or cordless stick vacuum can be much easier to maneuver than a large upright or canister vacuum.
- What’s your budget? Bissell offers quality vacuums at every price point. Make sure to get the most features you can afford.
Once you identify your must-have features, you can zero in on the Bissell vacuums designed for your scenario.
Key Features to Consider in a Bissell Vacuum
Beyond your specific needs, there are some general Bissell vacuum features to look for:
- Suction power– Measured in inches of water lift or pascals, more suction means deeper, more effective cleaning, especially on carpets and rugs. Make sure the suction is adequate for your flooring type.
- Filtration system– Multi-stage or HEPA filtration will remove more dust particles and allergens for cleaner air quality in the home.
- Dust bin design– Models with bottom empty, hands-free dirt disposal are easier to empty than vacuums where you manually remove debris. Bagged models maintain suction but require buying and changing bags.
- Cord length– Look for longer power cords, ideally 20+ feet, to avoid having to switch outlets frequently while vacuuming large areas.
- Attachments– Having accessories like crevice tools, brushes, and upholstery nozzles allows you to clean more areas throughout the home.
- Warranty– Bissell vacuums come with warranties ranging from 1-5 years. Longer warranties provide more protection in case of defects.
- Noise level– If minimal noise is essential, look for vacuums with ratings around 70-75 decibels or less. Hard surface cleaning is quieter than carpet cleaning.
- Specialized features– Consider conveniences like swivel steering, automatic cord rewind, headlights, etc. based on your personal needs.
Getting a vacuum with power and features aligned to your cleaning style will ensure the Bissell model you select works efficiently for your home.
Try Before You Buy
If possible, test out vacuums in person at a local store. This gives you a sense of how heavy the vacuum feels, ease of steering, noise level, and overall usability. Narrow down your choices, then read reviews and watch online videos to learn from other real-world users’ experiences.
Many retailers also have generous return timelines, so don’t feel bad about buying a model to try at home and potentially returning or exchanging if it doesn’t live up to expectations. It’s better to take some extra time upfront finding the right vacuum than to settle and regret your purchase down the road. With a wide range of models, Bissell likely makes the perfect vacuum for your household if you select wisely.
Frequently Asked Bissell Vacuum Questions—ANSWERED!
Bissell is clearly one of the most popular vacuum brands on the market. And along with that comes a lot of consumer questions about their vacuums’ features, capabilities, and maintenance. Below I’ve answered some of the most common Bissell vacuum FAQs to help you become a well-informed buyer.
Are Bissell vacuums really good quality?
The short answer is yes, Bissell has built a reputation for making quality vacuums that stand the test of time. Consumer Reports consistently rates Bissell vacuums highly on factors like carpet cleaning performance, pet hair pickup, and overall ease of use.
Bissell offers excellent suction power and maneuverability at affordable price points compared to some luxury brands. Models like the Crosswave Pet Pro incorporate very advanced features you’d expect on far more expensive vacuums.
Bissell’s widespread popularity and outstanding Amazon reviews reflect their reputation for making reliable, high-performing vacuums suitable for most household cleaning needs. You can be confident you’re getting a good quality vacuum by choosing Bissell.
How long should a Bissell vacuum last?
With regular maintenance like washing filters, keeping the brush roll tangle-free, emptying dust bins frequently, and not vacuuming up liquids, Bissell vacuums can last an average of 5-8 years. Higher-end models may remain operable for 10+ years if well maintained.
Lifespan varies based on frequency of use, conditions vacuumed, and whether any manufacturing defects are present. Avoiding things like running over power cords or strings can also extend the life of your Bissell vacuum.
Check the included warranty periods, which range from 1-5 years on Bissell models. Shorter warranties may indicate the vacuum has a shorter expected functional lifespan. But rest assured your Bissell can deliver years of reliable cleaning when properly cared for.
What Bissell vacuum is best for pet hair?
Pet owners have special vacuum needs, and Bissell designs several models specifically to manage pet hair and messes.
The Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro Wet Dry Vacuum is an excellent choice since it has specialized pet hair filters and brushes, along with powerful suction for lifting hair.
Another great option is the Bissell Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Vacuum which has a triple action brush roll and scatter-free system for managing cat litter messes.
For smaller spaces, the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Lithium-Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum is ideal; it’s designed specifically for removing pet hair from furniture, car seats, and hard to reach areas.
Check each model’s suction power, specialized attachments, and filtration system to make sure it meets your pet hair challenges!
How often should you replace Bissell vacuum filters?
Most Bissell models recommend replacing vacuum filters every 3-6 months for optimal suction power and filtration. Washable foam filters can typically be rinsed and reused for a few cycles before needing replacement.
Always check your specific model’s manual since some recommend replacing filters after a certain number of uses or when you notice decreased suction performance. Using off-brand filters is not suggested and can harm your vacuum over time.
Some signs it’s time for a new filter include visible clogs and dirt buildup on the filter, reduced suction power through the vacuum wand or accessories, a full dirt tank with minimal debris, and extra straining sounds from the motor. Catching dirty filters early helps your Bissell run smoothly for longer.
Can you use any Bissell vacuum part on any model?
Unfortunately, most Bissell vacuum parts are model-specific and not interchangeable between different vacuums. The exception in some cases are universal accessories like hose extensions, crevice tools, upholstery brushes, etc.
Using the incorrect filters, brush rolls, belts, dust cups, or other model-specific parts on your Bissell vacuum can prevent it from functioning correctly. In some cases, it may even cause damage to the motor or internal components.
Always consult your owner’s manual when replacing parts to make sure you purchase the correct part number made specifically for your Bissell model. You can also contact Bissell customer service for assistance finding the right components for your specific vacuum. Don’t try to rig up makeshift parts — it likely won’t end well!
Find Your Perfect Bissell Vacuum Today!
After reading this guide, you should have a much better understanding of Bissell’s most popular vacuums and what makes them great. Key takeaways include:
- Models like the Crosswave Pet Proare packed with features tailored for pet owners.
- Lightweight cordless vacuums like the Air Ramprovide convenient cleaning anywhere.
- You can’t beat the affordability of value-priced models like the Zing Canister.
- Specialized vacuums like the SpotClean Proexcel at removing car and upholstery stains.
- Consider your home’s flooring, size, residents, and cleaning style when selecting the right Bissell vacuum.
- Do some hands-on testing and read reviews to learn how Bissell models perform in real homes.
Ready to upgrade your cleaning with an amazing new Bissell vacuum? Let me know if you have any other vacuum-related questions! I’m here to help you find the perfect model for your household.