Keep Your Floors Spotless: Choosing the Best Shark Vacuum Cleaners
As one of the most frequently used appliances in any home, vacuum cleaners take a lot of wear and tear over time. When your old model stops sucking up dirt effectively, it’s time to consider upgrading to a newer, better vacuum. Shark makes some of the top-rated vacuums on the market that deliver powerful cleaning for carpets and hard floors.
In this guide, we’ll dive into Shark’s most popular vacuum cleaner models and their standout features. You’ll learn about key types like upright, stick, robotic, and more. We’ll also cover important factors to help you select the ideal Shark vacuum for your home cleaning needs. Finally, we’ll answer some common questions people have about Shark vacuums to further inform your buying decision.
Let’s reveal why Shark should be on your shortlist next time vacuum shopping!
Shark’s Best Vacuums for Home Cleaning
Founded in 1998, Shark makes a wide range of reasonably priced vacuums packed with performance and convenient features for whole-home cleaning. They frequently upgrade their models to keep innovating. Here are some of Shark’s top vacuums ideal for most households:
Shark NV501 Rotator Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum
This popular upright vacuum tackles dirt on carpets and hard floors with ease. The lift-away canister detaches to deeply clean stairs, upholstery and more.
Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology traps dust to benefit allergy sufferers. The HEPA filter captures 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum. Bright LED lights illuminate dark areas under furniture. For an affordable yet powerful upright, the NV501 Rotator is ideal.
Shark AV911S EZ Robot Vacuum with Self-Cleaning Brushroll
This innovative robot vacuum maps your home’s layout and cleans autonomously with 120 minutes of runtime per charge. Control it anytime via WiFi and the SharkClean app.
The self-cleaning brushroll removes tangled pet hair on its own. Smart navigation avoids obstacles and covers every inch. With advanced mapping, thorough cleaning, and app controls, this robot simplifies cleaning.
Shark Vertex DuoClean PowerFins Upright Vacuum
Shark’s DuoClean PowerFins technology deep cleans carpets while gentle enough for hard floors. The soft roller instantly grabs large and small debris. Powerfin brushes dig out embedded dirt from carpets.
Anti-allergen brushes minimize scattering dust as you clean. The HEPA filter traps fine particles. For superior cleaning performance on both carpets and floors, the Vertex DuoClean vacuum shines.
Shark Rocket Pet Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum
The lightweight yet powerful Rocket Pet Pro makes quick cleanups easy. Cordless convenience provides flexibility to clean anywhere. The motorized pet brush attachment removes stubborn pet hair.
Bright LED headlights expose all the hidden dust and dirt. A removable hand vacuum is great for stairs, upholstery and cars. With up to 40 minutes of consistent fade-free power, the Rocket Pet Pro excels for daily cleaning.
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Vacuum
Another excellent lift-away model, this upright vacuum becomes a portable cleaner as the canister detaches to clean hard-to-reach areas with ease.
The Anti-Allergen Complete Seal traps over 99% of dust inside. Swivel steering makes maneuvering smooth around furniture. For affordable deep cleaning power, the Navigator Professional has lasting value.
How to Choose the Right Shark Vacuum
With an array of Shark vacuums available, consider factors like your home size, floor types and cleaning needs when picking the optimal model:
- Flooring– Hard floors, carpets, rugs, etc. Impacts brush type and suction needs.
- Home size– Large homes need longer cords and bigger dust bins. Measure square footage.
- Corded/cordless– Cordless has freedom but runtime limitations. Corded has unlimited use.
- Specialized tools– Brushes for pet hair, crevices, upholstery. Extends utility.
- Filtration– HEPA filters better trap allergens but cost more than basic filters.
- Bagged/bagless– Bagless is more convenient but can scatter dust when emptied.
- Weight– Heavier vacuums are robust but bulkier to carry up stairs. Find the right balance.
- Attachments– Accessories like hoses, wands and lights expand cleaning flexibility.
- Maintenance– Easy debris bin emptying and brush access makes upkeep simple.
- Warranty– Shark vacuums typically come with 1-5 year warranties. Longer is better.
- Budget– Shark offers affordable to high-end vacuums with varying features.
Think about your unique home cleaning challenges and needs when choosing among Shark’s quality vacuums. The right match provides years of satisfactory service.
Frequently Asked Questions About Shark Vacuums
Here are answers to some common questions people have about using, maintaining and comparing Shark vacuum models:
How often should filters be replaced?
- Rinse washable foam filters monthly. HEPA filters should be replaced every 2-4 years depending on use.
What are signs a vacuum needs a new filter?
- Diminished suction power, visibly clogged filters, debris escaping the vacuum all signal it’s time for a new filter.
How long do Shark vacuum batteries last?
- Cordless Shark vacuums typically provide 15-40 minutes of consistent fade-free cleaning power per charge depending on the model.
Are Shark vacuums good for pet hair?
- Yes, Shark vacuums especially those with specialized motorized pet hair brushes excel at removing stubborn pet hair.
Are Shark vacuums good for carpets?
- Yes, Shark vacuums deep clean carpets well thanks to rotating brushrolls that loosen embedded dirt and debris.
Are Shark vacuums good for hard floors?
- Models equipped with soft rollers clean hard floors without scratching. Avoid bristle brushrolls on hard floors.
Can a Shark vacuum be used on stairs?
- Most can clean stairs effectively in upright mode or using the detachable canister in lift-away mode.
How long do Shark vacuums last?
- With proper maintenance like filter cleaning and brush replacement, Shark vacuums typically last 5-8 years before needing replacement.
Are Shark vacuums heavy to push and carry?
- Shark vacuums range from about 10-16 pounds. The lightweight designs minimize fatigue for comfortable cleaning.
Do Shark vacuums have good suction power?
- Yes, Shark vacuums are known for consistent, robust suction capabilities across their product lineup.
Can any vacuum be used on wall-to-wall carpeting?
- Yes, all modern vacuum cleaners can effectively clean wall-to-wall carpeting of all types.
Keep Your Floors Pristine with a Shark
As a leading brand, Shark’s versatile vacuum cleaners equip homeowners to tackle any cleaning job quickly and conveniently. Their innovative features like lift-away modules, self-cleaning brushrolls, deep carpet suction and anti-allergen seals give Shark vacuums an edge.
We hope this guide has showcased Shark’s greatest models and how to select the ideal one for spotless floors. Check their site for the latest offerings and upgrades. With regular use, a quality Shark vacuum becomes a trusted cleaning companion for years of crumb, dust and debris free floors.