See Who’s Knocking – Choosing the Best Eufy Video Doorbell for Your Needs
Having a smart video doorbell gives you security and convenience by letting you see and speak with visitors at your door from anywhere. Eufy makes affordable, feature-packed video doorbells that protect your home without monthly fees.
With various wired, wireless, and smart options to consider, picking the right Eufy doorbell for your needs takes some research. This in-depth guide covers the key factors from video quality to smart detection so you can choose the perfect fit.
Why Choose a Eufy Doorbell?
Eufy delivers premium video doorbell features without the hefty price tag. Here’s what makes them stand out:
- Crisp 2K and 1080p Videowith HDR technology and night vision to see visitors clearly any time of day.
- Two-Way Audiolets you speak to guests via the doorbell camera’s built-in microphone and speaker.
- Customizable Motion Zonestrigger alerts only when motion is detected in specified areas you set. Reduces false alarms.
- On-Device AIhelps distinguish people from pets or passing cars to decrease unnecessary notifications.
- No Monthly Fees Video clips are stored locally on the Homebase, not the cloud.
- Easy Installationwith wired and wireless models and bundled Homebase options.
- Smart Integrationswork with voice assistants like Alexa and smart ecosystems like Apple HomeKit.
- Security Featureslike encryption protect personal data and prevent hacking attempts.
Types of Eufy Video Doorbells
Eufy offers convenient video doorbell bundles as well as standalone wired and wireless models.
- Wired Doorbellsconnect directly to your existing doorbell wiring for continuous power. Require hardwired installation.
- Wireless Doorbellsrun on rechargeable battery power for flexible placement without wiring.
- Homebase Bundlesinclude the Homebase hub for local video storage and smart controls. Often priced lower than buying separately.
You also have options for high-resolution 2K, 1080p or 720p HD video depending on your budget. Square or landscape viewing modes are available too. AI-powered person, package, pet, and vehicle detection make alerts smarter.
Key Features to Consider
Here are some of the most important capabilities to evaluate when choosing your Eufy doorbell:
- Video Resolutiondetermines the image quality. 2K and 1080p provide the sharpest high-def video.
- Field of Viewrefers to how much area is visible. Wider 140-160° views capture more.
- Night Visionenables seeing visitors clearly at night up to around 30 feet.
- Two-Way Audioallows conversing with guests at your door via built-in microphone and speaker.
- Customizable Activity Zoneslet you specify areas of the camera view to monitor for motion-triggered alerts.
- Smart Person Detectionuses AI to distinguish people from other moving objects to reduce false alerts.
- Homebase Storagesaves video clips locally at the Homebase hub without monthly cloud fees.
- Power Optionsinclude wired models or wireless with rechargeable batteries lasting 6-12 months per charge.
In-Depth Eufy Doorbell Reviews
Ready to choose an Eufy doorbell? Here are detailed reviews of my top recommendations:
Eufy Security Video Doorbell 2K
This flagship doorbell captures ultra sharp 2K video with advanced HDR technology to showcase incredible detail in any lighting. The wide 150° field of view sees more. The built-in AI distinguishes people from pets or cars for smarter notifications. With the included Homebase, video clips are stored locally with 16GB capacity. The wireless setup allows flexible placement.
Best For: High-resolution 2K video with smart detection
Price Range: $$$
User Reviews: Owners rave this Eufy doorbell provides stunningly clear 2K video and reliable motion-triggered recording free of any monthly fees. The wide field of view captures their entire entryway.
Eufy Security Wireless Video Doorbell
This battery-powered 1080p wireless doorbell delivers detailed HD video and convenient features like customized activity zones and AI person detection—all without expensive subscription fees. The wireless design is easy to install. With the included Homebase you get local smart storage and playback. Battery lasts around 6 months per charge.
Best For: Wireless installation with local storage
Price Range: $$
User Reviews: Users love having crisp HD video and helpful motion alerts from this Eufy doorbell for under $200 total equipment cost. No complaints about battery life or WiFi connectivity.
Eufy Security Wi-Fi Video Doorbell
This wired 1080p doorbell captures detailed HD video with night vision, lets you customize monitoring zones, and works with Alexa and Google Assistant voice controls. The included wireless chime kit makes setup simple. There’s no Homebase included, but you can add local storage. The wired power means no worrying about batteries.
Best For: 1080p wired doorbell with smart alerts
Price Range: $
User Reviews: Owners say installation took minutes and the doorbell works flawlessly right out of the box. Video quality impresses at this very affordable price point. Some users added a Homebase for local video storage.
Eufy Security Wi-Fi 2K Video Doorbell
Step up to ultra clear 2K HDR video resolution while still avoiding monthly fees. This wired Eufy doorbell records directly to the Homebase’s 16GB local storage instead of the cloud. Real-time notifications alert you to any motion events picked up by the AI detection. The wide 150° field of view captures your whole entryway.
Best For: Cinematic 2K video with local storage
Price Range: $$$
User Reviews: Reviewers are blown away by the remarkably crisp and detailed 2K video this Eufy doorbell delivers at such an affordable price compared to competitors. No issues with the wired installation or WiFi connectivity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions about picking out the perfect Eufy video doorbell? Here are answers to some commonly asked questions:
How are Eufy doorbells different than competitors?
Eufy stands out by packing in premium features like 2K video and AI detection without charging expensive monthly subscription fees.
What installation options does Eufy offer?
Eufy has wired doorbells that connect to existing wiring as well as wireless, battery-powered models for more flexible placement.
Do Eufy doorbells work without a monthly fee?
Yes! Video clips save locally to the Homebase hub included with some models. No monthly cloud storage fees required.
How long does the battery last on wireless Eufy doorbells?
Eufy wireless doorbell batteries last around 6 months on average before needing a recharge. Enabling features like people detection reduces battery life slightly.
How reliable is the motion detection?
Eufy doorbells use AI technology to distinguish people from other motion sources and allow you to set customizable activity zones. This results in fewer false alerts.
What smart home ecosystems are supported?
Eufy doorbells work with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Apple HomeKit/Siri for handy voice controls.
What connectivity options are available?
Eufy doorbells connect via 2.4Ghz WiFi. Some offer dual-band 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi support as well as Bluetooth connectivity.
How easy is it to install an Eufy doorbell?
Most users report quick, simple DIY installation in around 10-15 minutes. Power up the Homebase, mount the doorbell, and connect it to the Homebase via the Eufy Security app.
What warranty do Eufy doorbells come with?
Eufy includes a 1-year limited warranty covering defects in materials and workmanship. Extended warranties are also available for purchase.
Welcome Guests With Confidence
Being able to see and speak with visitors at your door provides convenience and security. Eufy makes choosing an affordable video doorbell packed with features easy. Evaluate your needs in terms of video resolution, power source, smart detection, and budget. Lean on the detailed reviews above to pick the best model for your home and situation. With your new Eufy video doorbell installed, you’ll enjoy newfound peace of mind.